Salary: £25,000pa - £30,000pa
About this role
With the rapid growth of Batteries and Solar Ltd we are looking for a Procurement Officer to assist with our product buying and stock management. Within this role, you will be assisting our directors with the following responsibilities:
- Handling day-to-day purchasing and stock administration duties.
- Generating and progressing purchase orders.
- Negotiating with suppliers for discounts and better pricing terms.
- Maintaining special pricing agreements, rebates, and commercial support claims with suppliers.
- Corresponding with suppliers and colleagues via email, telephone, and face-to-face.
- Supporting the sales team with order, product, and sourcing information.
- Building sound working relationships with supply chain partners.
- Coordinating with management and staff members to identify and source innovative new products.
- Assisting with product specification, rationalisation, and branch stocking strategies.
- Conducting supply chain management and optimisation activities.
Our ideal candidate for this role is someone who has:
Our ideal candidate for this role will be professional and results driven, with a keen eye for details and pricing.
Full training will be provided in this role, however previous experience in the merchant industry, particularly in purchasing, procurement or product category management is advantageous.
We are a fun and friendly team, and we have a fantastic working environment. You will have the ability to see all aspects of the business, from our sales environment to our warehouse distribution and workshop installation arms.
About Batteries & Solar Ltd
At Batteries and Solar our mission is to combine the skills of our workforce with our commitment to high-quality customer service. We know that technology can change quickly and are seeing huge and exciting advancements within the industry.
We are growing rapidly, with a skilled and dedicated team providing high quality services, products, and advice to our customers.
What we can offer you:
- Excellent pension scheme with a high level of employer contributions.
- Annual leave of 28 days including Bank Holidays.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Yearly pay reviews and bonus schemes.
- A fun, friendly and supportive work environment
If you are interested in applying for this opportunity, please email your C.V. and a covering letter that shows how you consider that your experience, knowledge, and skills meet the requirements of the role to email@example.com .
If you would like an informal discussion about this role, please contact Darren Wallace on 01752 656270.
We are a committed Equal Opportunities employer. We welcome applications from suitably talented people from any community of background.
Note: We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if we receive sufficient applications for the role. Therefore, if you are interested, please submit your application as early as possible.