Argodiode 80-2AC 2 batteries 80A
Diode battery isolators allow simultaneous charging of two or more batteries from one alternator, without connecting the batteries together. Discharging the accessory battery for example will not result in also discharging the starter battery.
The Argo Battery Isolators feature a low voltage drop thanks to the use of Schottky diodes: at low current the voltage drop is approximately 0,3 V and at the rated output approximately 0,45 V. All models are fitted with a compensation diode that can be used to slightly increase the output voltage of the alternator. This compensates for the voltage drop over the diodes in the isolator.
Please see Victron Energy’s ‘Energy Unlimited’ or ask for specialist advice when installing a diode isolator. Simply inserting the isolator in the cabling between the alternator and the batteries will slightly reduce charge voltage. The result can be that batteries are not charged to the full 100% and age prematurely.
Alternator energize input
Some alternators need DC voltage on the B+ output to start charging. Obviously, DC will be present when the alternator is directly connected to a battery. Inserting a Diode or FET splitter will however prevent any return voltage/current from the batteries to the B+, and the alternator will not start. The new ‘AC’ diode isolators feature a special current limited energize input that will power the B+ when the engine run/stop switch is closed.
Please note that the images of the product shown above are for illustrative purposes only.
While we strive to provide accurate representations, there might be slight differences between the product image and the actual product you receive. These variations could be due to lighting, individual screen settings, product enhancements, or minor design updates from the manufacturer.
We assure you that any discrepancies are minimal and will not affect the overall quality and functionality of the product.
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact our customer support team for further assistance at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone us at 01752 656270.
At Batteries and Solar, your satisfaction is our top priority, and we are committed to providing the best shopping experience for you.
Thank you for choosing Batteries and Solar for your purchase.
- Simultaneous Charging: Allows charging of up to two batteries from one alternator without connecting the batteries together.
- Prevents Discharge: Prevents discharging of accessory batteries from affecting the starter battery.
- Low Voltage Drop: Uses Schottky diodes for low voltage drop and efficient charging.
- Compensation Diode: Features a compensation diode to slightly increase alternator output voltage.
- Special Energize Input: Includes a current-limited energize input for alternator energizing.
- Quality Manufacturer: Manufactured by Victron Energy, a trusted brand in power management solutions.
|Manufacturer Part Number
|Maximum Charge Current (A)
|Maximum Alternator Current (A)
|Number Of Batteries
|Alternator Energize Input
|Compensation Diode & Energize Connection
|H60 x W120 x D75
|Country of Manufacture
Shipping and Returns
-Standard delivery to UK mainland from £9.00 (3-5 days service).
- Worldwide delivery available for items not exceeding 30Kg.
- Some products may incur an additional Pallet Delivery charge where a palletised delivery is required.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.